How to Watch ESPN in Mexico
How to Watch ESPN in Mexico Using a VPN
ESPN is great and all, but that only goes for residents in the US. Mexico citizens, on the other hand, have to suffer geo-restrictions. If you don’t live in the US, you can’t watch ESPN abroad unless you use a VPN.
Virtual private networks (VPNs) are tools that can spoof your online location by using tunneling protocols. They send your internet traffic through another network of your choice, encrypt your data, and give you a new IP address that matches the location of your server.
In other words, VPNs allow you to circumvent geo-blocks while maintaining your online security and privacy. To unblock ESPN in Mexico, you simply have to connect to an American server. Then, your VPN will hide your original IP address and give you a temporary one from the USA. As a result, the streaming channel will think that you are a local resident and give you access to its content.
To make things clearer, follow the below steps:
- Sign up with an elite VPN provider that offers top speeds and strong encryption. The table below features the best options, but ExpressVPN is the pick of the bunch.
- You can install VPNs on almost every device, including iPhone, iPad, PC, and Mac. And all good services have dedicated apps for almost every platform, which means you can find them on any app store.
- When the installation process is complete, open the app and sign in.
- Next, connect to a server from the United States to get an American IP address.
- At last, head over to ESPN and enjoy your online freedom.
- This won’t just unblock ESPN in Mexico, but also every other US-restricted streaming channel.
Best VPNs to Bypass Online Restrictions
Every VPN provider on the market has servers in Uncle Sam’s territories. However, that doesn’t mean that they are all efficient and trustworthy. Free VPNs like Hola, for example, will keep records of your online activity and sell it to third parties. Plus, its servers are slow, which makes it a terrible choice for streaming live sports.
ExpressVPN, on the other hand, is a premium provider that offers incredible speed rates, the best security and privacy features, as well as a 30-day refund policy. The AES 256-bit encryption is a military-grade protocol that is fully capable of keeping your data secure and unreadable. Moreover, the company does not store records of what you do on the internet, which ensures your online privacy.
As for the 30-day money back guarantee, it allows you to test the service out before making a long-term commitment.
I always use this brand whenever I travel outside the US to stay up-to-date with the latest NBA games. In fact, I use ExpressVPN whenever I go online. During my recent visit to Mexico, I had to watch the Lakers as they took on San Antonio Spurs on ESPN. My only option was ExpressVPN, and even though I was disappointed with the game’s result, I was happy with the VPN’s performance.
But if you’d like even more options to consider before you make up your mind, then be my guest.
How to Watch ESPN in Mexico Using a Smart DNS Proxy
Virtual private networks aren’t the only method to unblock ESPN in Mexico. You could also try a Smart DNS proxy if you’re only interested in accessing the streaming channel. The reason why I say this is because these tools don’t offer much when it comes to privacy. One, they don’t hide your IP address, and two, they don’t encrypt your traffic.
Instead, Smart DNS proxies only reroute the location part of your internet connection through another server. So if you’re looking for a quick simple way to unblock ESPN, this tool is just right for you.
But please be aware that these services won’t function if your internet service provider applies DNS Hijacking or Transparent proxies.
Here’s what you have to watch ESPN in the Mariachi country:
- Sign up with a Smart DNS service that supports several streaming channels, including ESPN. I recommend you use Unlocator
- Check out the manuals and guides on how to set up the service on your device. Unlike VPNs, Smart DNS proxies don’t have apps to download directly on your device. However, they are compatible with every operating system, including routers, smart TVs, and gaming consoles.
- Go to the ESPN website or application.
- Watch your favorite teams from Mexico or anywhere else in the world.
As I mentioned earlier, you want to get a Smart DNS with plenty of supported channels. Unlocator can unblock more than 220 channels, including ESPN, Fox Sports Go, NBC Sports, BT Sport, BBC Sport, beIN Sports, SuperSport, and much more. And to make things even sweeter, you can benefit from a free trial period upon the first week of subscription.
Watch ESPN in Mexico
ESPN prevents all users who are outside the US from accessing the company’s online content via its streaming devices. This why you should use a VPN (ExpressVPN) or a SmartDNS proxy (Unlocator) to access the sports channel in Mexico.
Which method would you choose? Let us know in the comment section below.